Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our newest addition Lily and a PSA

Today marks one week since we rescued a precious blue point Siamese kitten we have named Lily! Lily was found in an air duct and found herself at the animal shelter. She is the most gorgeous, laid back and easy going cat I have ever met in my life. Now for the PSA - I am horrified that after reading about the declawing process on cats and kittens that they actually amputate part of the bone attached to the nail. It would be like us getting our fingers cut off down to our first knuckles. Can you imagine how painful that would be on one finger let alone 10 if you are only having the front claws removed? The longer I kept reading I eventually came across photos of the surgery and my mind was completely made up. They have come out with these things called Kitty Kaps (found at your local Petsmart) they are plastic nail caps that you glue onto the kitten or cat nails and it prevents them from destroying your furniture and house. This is a special glue that is included in the package when you purchase the kitty kaps. They even come in various sizes and colors! Unfortunately for our girl there was no pink so I had to make due. They were very easy to apply and she didn't fight me one bit...even when I glued one of my fingers to her paw! You will see the finished product below as well as the gorgeous model Lily.

Her first night home

I will not look at you lady!

OK I will look at you but I will not open my eyes

Kitty Kaps

Look what she has done to me now!

Shhhh don't tell Lily I caught her with her eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment